So, one of my friends has a family blog site where all of his family logs on and basically writes a journal entry almost everyday and they can all add comments and such. I liked that idea a whole lotta lot. Most of y'all, however, already have blogs, so I figured I was the one behind the times and ought to get started myself. It seems like it would be easier to find things to write about if I had children or a house or even a goldfish to show off, but since I have none of those, I will bore you with the mundane details of my life to be read and pondered upon at your leisure.
As most or all of you know I live in the Salt Lake avenues in a small one-bedroom apartment. The apartment is part of a house full of girls who are all my very close friends; it's kind of like having all the benefits of roommates without the drawbacks. I teach group voice and piano classes at Salt Lake School for the Performing Arts and also teach private voice and piano lessons from my home. I am currently in rehearsals for a show at Hale Centre Theatre in West Valley that runs from Dec 3-22 called, A Christmas Carol based on Charles Dickens' tale (well, who's else d'you think?). It is a quasi-musical, meaning there is a lot of singing but none of it is plot developing like a regular musical; it's all Christmas carols and hymns. I am in the Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday cast (henceforth and forever to be known as TTS). Having just come from The Secret Garden at Hale and Savior of the World last year at this time, I have to admit I did not have high expectations for this show. The Hale has done Christmas Carol every year for 23 years. I figured that meant it was old hat, one of their "lesser" shows, and would be boring and unchallenging. But it was a show and something to do so I auditioned and took a role.
I will gladly admit that I was sorely mistaken. Because the theatre has performed this show so many times, they have really got it down to a science and have perfected the art of getting straight to Dickens' beautiful message. Without being preachy or specific to any one denomination, without throwing it in your face, the directors and producers have created a piece that invites the Holy Ghost into the room and gently testifies of Jesus Christ, the atonement, repentance, hope, faith, and life after death. It really is a breath-taking show. I have been moved to tears several times in rehearsals. If you are thinking about going, do it! Go with an open heart, willing and wanting to be taught and you will!
Okay, now that we've dispensed with the pleasantries, let's get on with what everyone won't leave me alone about: It's true, I have a boyfriend, a beau, a sugar daddy, a boy-toy, a hunk of man flesh, a whatever... though I still think the term "boyfriend" is a little strange to be using outside of college or even high school, nevertheless, that is what he is.
We met at a high school dance. He was my friend's date.
Okay, okay, let me e'splain...no, there is too much, let me sum up: in early October, I was chaperoning for a dance at Salt Lake School for the Performing Arts (henceforth and forever to be known as SLSPA), the school where I teach. My friend and fellow faculty member, Charisse, brought her friend Ricky Parkinson as her "date" with the sole purpose of meeting and spending time with me. So it's not as bad as it sounds. He was buckets of fun, complete with his blue snake skin jacket, white tie, black shirt and pants, and sandals. He asked her for my number after the dance and we've been going out ever since.
He grew up in Orem, UT, with the exception of spending a few years living in Egypt (His father teaches Arabic at BYU and was finishing his doctoral studies there. I mention this because, let's be honest: there's gotta be some good reason for someone to go from Orem to Egypt and back to Orem). There are 5 children in his family, two boys, three girls and he is the middle child. He served his mission in Brazil (I can't remember the name of the mission nor can I look it up because there seem to be approximately 4,892 mission in Brazil currently so you'll have to be satisfied with the country). He graduated in May 2006 from BYU with a double major in Civil Engineering and Visual Art. While there he participated in musicals (gasp! Not another one!), choirs, and VocalPoint, the smashing 9-man a capella group that won the International a capella championship while he was in it (go team!). He is currently working on his Masters' in Architecture at Univ of Utah. He is almost 6'4", dark curly hair, and Skinny with a capital S. He bikes to school and work everyday, likes Egyptian and Asian food, goes to bed before 10:30PM almost every night, usually kicks me out by 9:30PM, sings with a beautiful bass voice, is a fantastic cook, is abundantly full of natural musical talent with very little training, has never received a grade below a "B" (except for a "B-" once, which he was very upset about) and eats ice cream almost every night. He bursts into song at any moment, and I usually sing along with him; our time together mostly consists of us singing.
Now, there's all the information I'm giving out on him, so don't hound me for any more. I'll tell you more when I'm good and ready! We are just dating: I'm not picking out curtains, we have not named our children and mom has not informed me of the temple date she has reserved (you know she has) so it's not a big deal............But it sure is a whole lotta fun!!!
As most or all of you know I live in the Salt Lake avenues in a small one-bedroom apartment. The apartment is part of a house full of girls who are all my very close friends; it's kind of like having all the benefits of roommates without the drawbacks. I teach group voice and piano classes at Salt Lake School for the Performing Arts and also teach private voice and piano lessons from my home. I am currently in rehearsals for a show at Hale Centre Theatre in West Valley that runs from Dec 3-22 called, A Christmas Carol based on Charles Dickens' tale (well, who's else d'you think?). It is a quasi-musical, meaning there is a lot of singing but none of it is plot developing like a regular musical; it's all Christmas carols and hymns. I am in the Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday cast (henceforth and forever to be known as TTS). Having just come from The Secret Garden at Hale and Savior of the World last year at this time, I have to admit I did not have high expectations for this show. The Hale has done Christmas Carol every year for 23 years. I figured that meant it was old hat, one of their "lesser" shows, and would be boring and unchallenging. But it was a show and something to do so I auditioned and took a role.
I will gladly admit that I was sorely mistaken. Because the theatre has performed this show so many times, they have really got it down to a science and have perfected the art of getting straight to Dickens' beautiful message. Without being preachy or specific to any one denomination, without throwing it in your face, the directors and producers have created a piece that invites the Holy Ghost into the room and gently testifies of Jesus Christ, the atonement, repentance, hope, faith, and life after death. It really is a breath-taking show. I have been moved to tears several times in rehearsals. If you are thinking about going, do it! Go with an open heart, willing and wanting to be taught and you will!
Okay, now that we've dispensed with the pleasantries, let's get on with what everyone won't leave me alone about: It's true, I have a boyfriend, a beau, a sugar daddy, a boy-toy, a hunk of man flesh, a whatever... though I still think the term "boyfriend" is a little strange to be using outside of college or even high school, nevertheless, that is what he is.
We met at a high school dance. He was my friend's date.
Okay, okay, let me e'splain...no, there is too much, let me sum up: in early October, I was chaperoning for a dance at Salt Lake School for the Performing Arts (henceforth and forever to be known as SLSPA), the school where I teach. My friend and fellow faculty member, Charisse, brought her friend Ricky Parkinson as her "date" with the sole purpose of meeting and spending time with me. So it's not as bad as it sounds. He was buckets of fun, complete with his blue snake skin jacket, white tie, black shirt and pants, and sandals. He asked her for my number after the dance and we've been going out ever since.
He grew up in Orem, UT, with the exception of spending a few years living in Egypt (His father teaches Arabic at BYU and was finishing his doctoral studies there. I mention this because, let's be honest: there's gotta be some good reason for someone to go from Orem to Egypt and back to Orem). There are 5 children in his family, two boys, three girls and he is the middle child. He served his mission in Brazil (I can't remember the name of the mission nor can I look it up because there seem to be approximately 4,892 mission in Brazil currently so you'll have to be satisfied with the country). He graduated in May 2006 from BYU with a double major in Civil Engineering and Visual Art. While there he participated in musicals (gasp! Not another one!), choirs, and VocalPoint, the smashing 9-man a capella group that won the International a capella championship while he was in it (go team!). He is currently working on his Masters' in Architecture at Univ of Utah. He is almost 6'4", dark curly hair, and Skinny with a capital S. He bikes to school and work everyday, likes Egyptian and Asian food, goes to bed before 10:30PM almost every night, usually kicks me out by 9:30PM, sings with a beautiful bass voice, is a fantastic cook, is abundantly full of natural musical talent with very little training, has never received a grade below a "B" (except for a "B-" once, which he was very upset about) and eats ice cream almost every night. He bursts into song at any moment, and I usually sing along with him; our time together mostly consists of us singing.
Now, there's all the information I'm giving out on him, so don't hound me for any more. I'll tell you more when I'm good and ready! We are just dating: I'm not picking out curtains, we have not named our children and mom has not informed me of the temple date she has reserved (you know she has) so it's not a big deal............But it sure is a whole lotta fun!!!
7 comments:
You forgot McDreamy on that list. Now we just need mom to post once so we can leave her comments.
I will NEVER post. I want to be mysterious like Stephanie. Love to Carly. You are making the dressing for Thanksgiving, by the way.
I'm not mysterious!!!
I L.O.V.E.D'd the whole thing! I am excited to read EACH AND EVERY DAY!! You know you want to. K - Bye! Have a nice summer! Call me.
Nice to see you in the blogging world. We just have to get Lindsay going...and the Momma.
Love,
The "Original Recipe" C Ped
okydok! finally an update. I don't mind being out of the loop on a lot of stuff, but not the guy stuff. Why don't you two make a CD?
Did you make the stuffing?
Post a Comment