Thursday, January 10, 2008

Business, Bob, Ballads, and Beefcake

I quit my job.

I know what you are thinking, why on earth would you do that? You are doing music, isn't that what you love? Well, (as my sister always says) yes and no.

It was a great learning experience but it was just too hard, physically, financially, emotionally, ecumenically, to work as a teacher part time; Too many hours required to do the things necessary and not enough time, with other part time jobs, to do it.

So I'm on the hunt for a job. I'm not worried. I am usually really good at getting a job relatively quickly. I will have a full-time job with benefits and the salary I want by the end of January or Bob's your uncle (...Bob really is my uncle; he has great couches...).

I said I was going to take a break, but I couldn't help myself: I auditioned for and was cast in another musical. It's "Little Women" which had a short run on Broadway 3 or 4 years ago. I am playing the part of Jo. We did a read and sing-thru on Tuesday; I got myself into a whole lot more than I realized! Oh well, it will be fun and challenging. It's a fantastic role and the best part is I got Ricky to come audition and he's in the show as well! He's playing Mr. John Brook, the dude who marries Meg.


Speaking of the devil, him and I went a little weird the other night. He was telling me he knew how to french-braid hair. I wanted to see this in real life so I offered my huge cranium and its attached mane as a testing site. After he finished his master piece, I decided to do the same to him; his curly hair is a lot longer than it looks!

Aww...he's a cutie! I mean... a strapping, burly beefcake. Especially with the braids.


More of beefcake and his girl, cupcake, this time from the back.

PS- these pictures were taken with my cell phone which accounts for their ...unique quality and resolution.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I feel about that. Does Ricky know you posted your blackmail pics?

Anonymous said...

I personally will take these pictures and blackmail you in a few years with them. Why else did I have kids but to get money out of them, make them pay for my retirement, and be able to braid boys hair???????????

The Scotts said...

That is hilarious! His hair has to be long if you can braid it and it stays!! Good luck job hunting and congrats on the play. That sounds fun an busy!

Cami said...

You and Ricky are SOOO cutey buns!

gs said...

Right Carly, you definitely want to see your guy in braids before you make any major decisions! You
can commute and teach me to sing.

Summertime Designs said...

Congrats on the play! You got the starring role!!! Sorry about the quitting of the job, but I know it won't be long before you get a new one, you are just too cute and too talented! Okay, now I want you to take a straightening iron and straighten beefcake's hair so I can see how long it truly is!