Sunday, May 10, 2009

Come on down to the BYU


So... after I took the GMAT, I spent way too long getting my essays together for BYU.  I was agonizing over them.  I called the admissions counselor on Monday in mid-April to ask her for some advice.  She said to not stress over them and that the committee members just skim over them for specific details, like what kind of a career path you want to pursue, what you want to do in BYU's program, etc.  They only comb over them if you are a borderline candidate, which she said I am not.  Whoa!  Sorry, say that last part again?  That was a glimmer of hope.  That night, after having talked to the BYU chic, I went home to mama who made me get 'er done.  The next day I finally turned in my completed application.
This past thursday, I still hadn't heard anything, so I called the admissions counselor to see what was going on.  She said I should have received an e-mail a week ago inviting me to an interview. The next day the said e-mail was sent inviting me to come on Monday for an interview. Yes mam.  AH!
On Saturday,  I did Race For the Cure with Brynn and Lindsay and then went shopping for a sweet zoot suit to make me look snappy for my interview.  I think I got me something that will serve me well.  
So I'm going in for my interview tomorrow!!! I'll keep y'all posted on what happens.


1 comment:

steph said...

How'd it go?
You're a sweet talker, I'm sure you did just fine.