My special friend, Ricky Parkinson, is a very talented musician. One of his favorite performing genres is A Capella music. He has sung with several groups including BYU's VocalPoint when it won the international A Capella competition and currently with Crimson 4, based out of the U of U. He arranges a lot of the song they sing and if you know anything about arranging, you know it can be as difficult as composing. Here's a sample of one of his arrangements for Crimson 4. He recorded himself singing all four parts separately and then mixed them together to make this awesome masterpiece.
The 12 Days of...Something Song
Sweet, eh?! I know, I know, it's awesome. I have been bugging him to give me a copy of his songs. He finally agreed to send me one song each day. Stay tuned for more fun with the boyfriend man...
The 12 Days of...Something Song
Sweet, eh?! I know, I know, it's awesome. I have been bugging him to give me a copy of his songs. He finally agreed to send me one song each day. Stay tuned for more fun with the boyfriend man...
4 comments:
Do you feel good now?
p.s. Carly told me to write that so she would feel good about herself. POST so we can raise her self-esteem.
Sooo good! How did he not get confused signing all the different parts? Was that a dumb question?
I know nothing about music but it was good and way interesting. Pictures pictures is what we all want...(the ones in AZ & OH anyway).
Post a Comment