Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Fuh luh luh luh luh

On Friday, Ricky and I went to the annual Tab Choir Christmas Concert with special guests, the King's Singers. I have always liked the King's Singers since I first heard them, and was very excited to attend. But now, I am just "head over heels" for them. It's true, I have a crush on the King's Singers. I just can't help myself.

Now, I know what you are thinking, "Carly, don't you have a boyfriend? How does he feel about you having a crush on a 6-man a capella group?" You see, I have strictly plutonic crushes on a lot of people: David Weekes, Thomas Quasthoff, Julie Andrews, Fritz Wunderlich, Renee Fleming, Michael Buble, Lloyd Newell, Gene Kelly, Sutton Foster, Dallyn Bayles, Fred Child, Bruce Adolphe, my personal trainer Bruce Majors, just to name a few. It's not that I'm attracted to them or I want to date them... it's more like, I just think they are so cool and so very good at what they do and I get as giddy as a school girl when I hear or see them. Now, you can't tell me you don't have crushes like that, hmm? I see that smile on your face...

Anyway, the King's Singers have now officially been added to that list: they have arrived. Here's a little sampling of my latest crush. These are two of my favorite pieces by the nerd-tastic King's Singers. Eat your heart out, Chanticleer.

And So It Goes

Bobby Shaftoe


Also, I must pay homage to my non-plutonic, strictly romantic crush, Ricky, who has again wowed me with another fantastic song. This song was taken from the Dolly Parton song, "9 to 5." He modified the words and arranged it for 9-man a capella for a cute video he and his siblings made for their mom for mothers' day earlier this year. Again, he recorded himself singing each of the nine parts alone and then mixed them together for this cute little number.

Working 5 to 9

Happy Holidays! I'm excited to be spending Christmas in "the Ohio" with Cam and Steph and their progeny as well as my parentals, Lindsay, and Spencer. Stay tuned for my next post from the Ohio. Merry Christmas!

No comments: