Nothing big to report over the past few days, just thought I'd write for a spell to appease my perma-friend; we don't want to see her when she gets tiffed.
School is on it's way back up. They sort of tore me apart after thanksgiving, complaining they didn't like the curriculum I was teaching, though their original "guide" for the curriculum was 50 pages of text to be stretched out over a year. Here was their instruction to me when they hired me at the beginning of the school year, less than a week before school started, "Here's your 50 pages of curriculum to use and then whatever else you want. Oh, and by the way, you are really teaching two classes at once so don't let the 2nd-year students get bored but don't go too fast for the 1st-years either. Also, keep in mind a plan to make these 50 pages eventually last 4 years for a voice I, II, III, and IV class. And we know you've never taught high school before nor gone through any education classes, but we're not really going to help you out or tell you any more details of what we want because we really don't know what we want. Go!"
Well, come post-thanksgiving school, they ripped me to shreds, letting me know how terribly frustrated they were with my curriculum. Sorry guys, but I had no hint or clue or inkling that you didn't like what I was teaching! Well, now they are back to leaving me alone again, which is mostly good. Hopefully I will be able to assuage their concerns with improved curriculum, now that we ALL know what it is they want taught. Whew! But I'm not bitter, really. I am very, very grateful for my job and the opportunity I have to teach what I love. It was just a bit hairy there for a minute, and now it's all peaches and cream and butterflies and frolicking and sugar plums again. Kumbaya.
The show is going fantastic. There is a scene at the end of the show, after Scrooge has "seen the light," where he plays a trick on Bob Cratchit by pretending to be angry with Bob for coming back to work late and then says his punishment is a salary raise. Well, on Saturday night, Scrooge's chair, which comes in on a track system, was very late for this scene. Scrooge covered it well by saying, "Well Cratchit, what is the meaning of coming in as late as my chair, hmm?" Backstage, I fell off my chair I was laughing so hard! The show is fantastic, filled with laughter and tears and inspiration. I'm really enjoying being a part of it.
Well, I have another showing-off-my-boyfriend song to post. This is a group of 4 or 5 people called Wassail he put together last year to perform at various venues. He arranged this song and is singing bass on this recording of it.
Light of the Stable
As requested, here are a few pictures of Mr. Handsome. These were taken during a run of "The Pajama Game," a musical he had a lead role in at Rodgers Memorial Theatre. More pictures of us together to come...



Okay, I know it's pretty lame that I don't have pictures of us, but I do have pictures of him making eyes at another girl. Look, they were on the stage, so it wasn't real and I'm working on pictures of the two of us, okay!?
School is on it's way back up. They sort of tore me apart after thanksgiving, complaining they didn't like the curriculum I was teaching, though their original "guide" for the curriculum was 50 pages of text to be stretched out over a year. Here was their instruction to me when they hired me at the beginning of the school year, less than a week before school started, "Here's your 50 pages of curriculum to use and then whatever else you want. Oh, and by the way, you are really teaching two classes at once so don't let the 2nd-year students get bored but don't go too fast for the 1st-years either. Also, keep in mind a plan to make these 50 pages eventually last 4 years for a voice I, II, III, and IV class. And we know you've never taught high school before nor gone through any education classes, but we're not really going to help you out or tell you any more details of what we want because we really don't know what we want. Go!"
Well, come post-thanksgiving school, they ripped me to shreds, letting me know how terribly frustrated they were with my curriculum. Sorry guys, but I had no hint or clue or inkling that you didn't like what I was teaching! Well, now they are back to leaving me alone again, which is mostly good. Hopefully I will be able to assuage their concerns with improved curriculum, now that we ALL know what it is they want taught. Whew! But I'm not bitter, really. I am very, very grateful for my job and the opportunity I have to teach what I love. It was just a bit hairy there for a minute, and now it's all peaches and cream and butterflies and frolicking and sugar plums again. Kumbaya.
The show is going fantastic. There is a scene at the end of the show, after Scrooge has "seen the light," where he plays a trick on Bob Cratchit by pretending to be angry with Bob for coming back to work late and then says his punishment is a salary raise. Well, on Saturday night, Scrooge's chair, which comes in on a track system, was very late for this scene. Scrooge covered it well by saying, "Well Cratchit, what is the meaning of coming in as late as my chair, hmm?" Backstage, I fell off my chair I was laughing so hard! The show is fantastic, filled with laughter and tears and inspiration. I'm really enjoying being a part of it.
Well, I have another showing-off-my-boyfriend song to post. This is a group of 4 or 5 people called Wassail he put together last year to perform at various venues. He arranged this song and is singing bass on this recording of it.
Light of the Stable
As requested, here are a few pictures of Mr. Handsome. These were taken during a run of "The Pajama Game," a musical he had a lead role in at Rodgers Memorial Theatre. More pictures of us together to come...



Okay, I know it's pretty lame that I don't have pictures of us, but I do have pictures of him making eyes at another girl. Look, they were on the stage, so it wasn't real and I'm working on pictures of the two of us, okay!?
1 comment:
wish we could be there to see you do your thing! but we will be seeing you here in how many days? like 9? YEAH!!!
Post a Comment