Hello. Um, my name is Carly and, I, uh, I'm a sugarholic.
It began innocently enough. A candy bar on Sunday for writing on my journal, a kiddy cone for being good while shopping with mom, Halloween candy. Then it became a little more: taking seconds and thirds of desserts, king size candy bar during a movie, late night ice cream. I thought it was an innocent indulgence, that I could quit any time. It started to escalate, eating a whole pie at Thanksgivings, pounds of Christmas treats, Valentine's sweets.
The turning point came when I went to an innocent little Christmas party, bring your own goodies. The lights, the music, the cider, the desserts... I don't know how long I was out, it seemed like days. I woke up in a gutter behind a candy factory in the outskirts of Odgen, covered in chocolate, caramel syrup, and glitter. It was then that I knew; I knew I couldn't stop any time. I knew I needed help; I needed stop with the sugar.
So a friend and I are giving up sugar for an entire month; we started last Wednesday. If I make it out of the first month intact, I will likely continue for another month; we are calling it an early lent. The first week was tough: the shakes, the headaches, irritability, dreams of sugar plums dancing in my head. But the worst is over. I just have to endure to the end. Thank you so much for your continuing support it this difficult and changing time in my life.
2 comments:
You are so brave. As always I am happy to be your friend
I hate Lent. This is why we aren't Catholic...um, I mean, this is a great and totally sustainable diet plan! (wink) I say after we are done, we celebrate with Coldstone. Totally defeats the purpose of the plan, but it just sounds so good!
Post a Comment