Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A few gems, words of wisdom, if you will

Last year, I posted some of the gems from our BYU MBA quote board. I'm sure they are not nearly as funny when you don't know the people or all of the inside jokes.  But I thought I'd share a few from this year anyway:


(While discussing retirement planning)
Professor: “I make sure my kids know that I am spending their inheritance; I want to make sure they are sad when I die.”

Professor: “So, which company is your group going to research?”
Student: “Pfizer.”
Professor: “Oh, Pfizer, interesting. . . I’m on about all the medications they make.”

Student: “Are you ever slightly offended when you walk into the restroom and the air freshener automatically goes off.”

Student commenting on recent BYU basketball game he attended: "I knew we were going to win when I spotted two apostles in the stands."

Student, who is bald: “Sometimes I wake up in the morning and feel like my hair is messy. And there’s nothing I can do about it. So it just feels messy all day.”

Professor: What’s a irresistible analogy to job search?
Student A:  Well, people always say it’s like dating. 
Student B: I’m sorry, I just don’t see how job searching can be as enjoyable as dating.
Professor:  It’s true, you rarely kiss after the first interview.

Student:  I’m not allowed to dance in public. I’ve been told I dance like Bill Cosby and i like cool 80′s sweaters. I’ve said too much already.

No comments: