A few weeks ago, I got into a minor car accident. I was only going 5 mph and the guy who hit me was going less than 10 mph, but it was enough to do a bit of damage to my car. He did not have insurance (of course) and was no where to be found after the police officer took our statements. As such, I had to pay a $500 deductible to have it repaired. I have a special attachment to my car, so it was not really a question as to whether to pay it or not.
I dropped off my 1999 Honda Accord at the collision repair place and was given a bright shiny new rental car: a 2009 Mazda 3. I was nervous that driving a newer car for a long period of time would make me feel lackluster toward my ol' Accord. Despite the fancy stereo system, peppy acceleration, and steering wheel controls, I just didn't like it very much. It felt awkward and the back window was awful to back up with and the seat felt funny and the in-dash display was ugly.
After 9 days with the rental, I received a call that my car was ready to be picked up. When I saw it in the parking lot, I was so excited! It was like seeing your wonderful doggie after being away on vacation for a week. For the rest of that day I had a lil' smile on my face whenever I saw it. And how about that moon roof!!
This all probably sounds really funny to many of you, but I have spent a lot of time with that lil' car. I am meticulous about keeping it clean and maintained. I guess when you put so much into something, you come to really love it--even if it is just a large mass of metal, plastic, and rubber.
(This is not my actual car, just a similar make, model, and color; mine is much nicer and prettier :-) )
I dropped off my 1999 Honda Accord at the collision repair place and was given a bright shiny new rental car: a 2009 Mazda 3. I was nervous that driving a newer car for a long period of time would make me feel lackluster toward my ol' Accord. Despite the fancy stereo system, peppy acceleration, and steering wheel controls, I just didn't like it very much. It felt awkward and the back window was awful to back up with and the seat felt funny and the in-dash display was ugly.
After 9 days with the rental, I received a call that my car was ready to be picked up. When I saw it in the parking lot, I was so excited! It was like seeing your wonderful doggie after being away on vacation for a week. For the rest of that day I had a lil' smile on my face whenever I saw it. And how about that moon roof!!
This all probably sounds really funny to many of you, but I have spent a lot of time with that lil' car. I am meticulous about keeping it clean and maintained. I guess when you put so much into something, you come to really love it--even if it is just a large mass of metal, plastic, and rubber.
(This is not my actual car, just a similar make, model, and color; mine is much nicer and prettier :-) )

1 comment:
Carly, I just found your blog! I am glad that your car is back safe and sound. :D
Post a Comment